Monday 3 April 2006

My Mum Went For Operation

18Oct2006 (Wednesday)
Morning, one of the staff called and informed me that my mum's ward is at 12B bed number 60.

I have had apply 3 days leave to accompany my mum. Admitted her to hospital for operation on her thigh on 19Oct2006. When everything ready and prepared, then we go, left home around 3:30pm.



Here is her bed. We are waiting for the admin to process the paper work.



19Oct2006 (Thursday)
9:30am called her and she was still in her bed, doctor and nurses there and they haven't pushed her to Operation Theater (OT). Called her again at about 10:30am, no body picked up the phone, I think she is not there. So I called up to the information counter, then I know she already send to OT.

Doctor told us before during her checkup that she will go through 6 hours operation, so I called at 5pm to check on her status, she is not out yet. 6:30pm, I tried to called again, person in charge at information counter told me that they don't have any update yet. I started to worry, what took her so long to come out from the OT. I have no answer, what I can do is wait! 等待是最痛苦的!

7:15pm, called again, at last I have the answer. She was out from the OT, she was at 6C bed 56. Great! I didn't go to the hospital, is too late, Wayne has to take his dinner and bath.

20Oct2006 (Friday)
Morning, first thing that I have to do was called up to the information counter to checked on my mum's condition. She is fine and the operation is successful, she will transfer back to normal ward this afternoon. Glad to hear that.



Went to visit her in the afternoon and accompany her till my hubby come over after his work. We had our dinner at TTSH food court.



When I first saw her laying on the bed, there were so many things hanging around her, 4 inputs and 4 outputs. A pipe on her nose to give her more oxygen, 3 packets of medicine (I have no idea what is it) drip into her body, 1 is to collect her urine, another 3 bottle is to collect excessive blood from her cut area. She was injected with morphine. After the injection, she vomited, even a sip of water, she will throw out everything. So she didn't take any food for the day, this cause her more weak.

21Oct2006 (Saturday)
Bought her a basket of Daisy. Wish her recover soon.

She is better compare to yesterday.



She can eat some porridge but she can't sit up to have her meal, so she has to lie down on her bed to eat.

Hubby take a nap while Wayne is not around.



Accompany her till after finished her dinner. Left the place when she fall asleep.


No comments: