Monday 9 November 2009

Exercise And Breastfeeding

Most mommies often ask this question- Can I breastfeed my baby after exercise? Some say 'Yes', and some say 'No'. So do I! Which is which? I am concern about this too! To play safe, I have not, should have say I dare not exercise when I am breastfeeding my baby.

After I read this article from Parenting and Child Health, about 'Exercise and breastfeeding', really clear all of my concern and doubt! No worries anymore and I will plan and start my exercise very soon!

Exercise and breastfeeding
Regular, moderate exercise is good for your health and it helps you to feel good.
* Most women can exercise regularly without any effects on breastfeeding.
* An occasional baby may be fussy at the breast if fed straight after the mother has exercised. This may be due to lactic acid in the milk, which does no harm and will disappear in an hour or two.
* Rarely, a mother may find she needs to cut down on exercise to prevent her milk supply from dropping off.
* Make sure to have plenty of drinks when you are breastfeeding and exercising.
* Healthy eating is important too. Don't go on a strict diet to lose weight while you are breastfeeding.

No comments: