Wednesday 4 March 2009

Yummy Banana Cake

Here I come across with this link - Baking Mum, where she shares her baking experience and recipe. One of the recipes that I picked for the day is to bake a banana cake.

In case you only want the banana cake recipe and not others, so I listed out the recipe from her blog for your convenience. Yeah!

Ingredients:
180 gm. Butter
180 gm. Fine sugar (I cut down to 150 gm)
2 nos. Extra large Eggs - beaten lightly
250 gm. Cake flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
220 gm. Bananas - mashed
50 gm. Dairy whip cream (I use evaporated milk)
1/2 tsp. Banana essence (I replace with 1 tsp vanilla essence)
2 bananas - slice

Method:
(1) Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy.
(2) Pour in eggs gradually and beat till creamy.
(3) Add in whip cream, mashed bananas and banana essence and mix well.
(4) Add in cake flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and beat for a while only.
(5) Pour into an 8" round tray, and arrange sliced bananas on top.
(6) Bake at 175C for about 50 to 60 mins. or until cooked.

I followed the ingredients exactly, except I did turn some into muffin. Here is the banana cake that I have baked this afternoon.



I like the texture of the cake, is just so soft, fluffy and moist! This is the recipe that I was looking for and it just suits my taste. I just loves it so much and will definitely bake again!

Here are the muffins I mention just now. It takes about 20minutes to bake at 175C. It turns out well either!



What's for next? I target to bake bread. I have not decide what type of bread but would like to have a try!

No comments: