Sunday 15 January 2012

Auspicious Plants For Lunar New Year 2012

Beside decorated with Lunar New Year cutting paper or ornaments, this year is my first year to decorated with some Auspicious plants. Some people called it as Lucky Fortune plants too.

Here's the plant I have for this year: -

Pussy Willows (银柳, Yin2 Liu3)
In Mandarin sounds like 'Money' (银両, Yin2 Liang3)


I bought it from IKEA few weeks ago. I just found out from my friend it is a good sign where Pussy Willows sprout new shoots and leaves, it symbolise the arrival of prosperity and growth in prosperity.

Lucky Bamboo (Dracaena Sanderiana)
I bought it from IKEA too few weeks ago. This plant is to bring prosperity, fortune and happiness. I decorated the plant with some ribbons and lucky ornaments.

Money Plant Jin Qian Shu (金钱树, Jin1 Qing2 Shu4)
Also known as Gold coin Plant or Zamioculcas Zamiifolia (ZZ Plant) or Fortune Plant. My plants grow, is that mean begin to attract wealth luck to my family? :)


It happen 7 months ago, I pluck the leaves at my MIL place and planted to my pot. Now, one of my pot having a stem with 2 leaves and the another pot, a stem pop out from the soil, yet to see any leaves.

Crassula Ovata or Jade Plant
I planted few leaves in my pot 7 months ago, I get the leaves from my MIL place too, the leaves doesn't grow into a plant. I will try to plant it again.

No comments: