Friday 7 October 2011

Children's Day

How would you celebrate with your kids on Children's day? Or would you celebrate with your kids?

When I was a kid, my parents don't really celebrate with me, they are busy. Most of the time I celebrated in school with my classmate and teachers. Only things that my mum will prepared every year is a pot of curry chicken.

During children's day, there is a list of program planned by the school, first we will gather in a hall. Started with National song, followed by school song, dances, choirs and so on and so on. Thereafter, we will return back to our class. Can't remember much, things that I can recall are, we will decorate our class with some colour papers, balloons, and the tables will re-arranged for placing food.

This year, I planned to have some quality time with my kids, instead of bringing them out, we stayed at home. Things/activities that we spent together - read books, watched TV, played toys, and cookies decorating.

Dancing my lady!



I baked a batch of cookies a day before, used bumble bee cutter to cut out the shape. Prepared 2 sets of piping filled with colour icing for both.

My boy loved decorating cookies, amount of cookies given to him still not enough, requested more to decorate. I really enjoyed watching him decorating his cookies, he looks so serious! Oh, not to forget, he enjoys tasting the icing too. I think most kids did that, can't resist to taste the icing - SWEET!

Captured all the lovely memories of him while decorating!
There goes the final piece of work, all the way in his mouth before finished decorating. Cheeky you!



My gal loved exploring the icing rather than decorating her cookies. She tasted the icing, feels the texture with her both hands and busy squeezing out the icing. With curiosity, she squeezed and watched the icing flowing out from the piping bags.



I have a great and precious moment. Hope they enjoyed!

Here's the cookies - bumble bees, that I had decorated for them while they having their nap.

No comments: