Thursday 26 January 2006

Patient! Patient! and again Patient!!!

Are you patient enough? Or you are an impatient person?

As for me, taking care of a baby require lots of patient. Whether or not you agree with me, just to let you know that this is the most patient I have ever had before in my whole life.

So much tolerance with baby's cry (he cry for his needs). It is hard to know whether baby is hungry or tired or simply want a cuddle, especially when you are tire. Tiredness also cause me fell isolate just to get on by myself in the day taking care of my baby.

Broken nights are the cause of tiredness, baby wakes for a feed in the middle of night. I am some how having difficulty to fall asleep when my sleep being disturb. Day by days of tiredness is accumulated.

I am gald that I have all the support from my hubby and he helps me through all the stages. He even helps to feed or bath Wayne when I am either tired or busy with house chores.

Here are some points that I would like to share with those parents plan or just have a baby. WHY SHOULD YOU RESPOND PROMPTLY WHEN YOUR BABY CRIES (The New Parent, ISBN 0-7513-0449-2):-

* Your baby wanted to communicate with you, but his repertoire is limited to start with. Crying is the only way he can convey his feelings so don't just ignore him.
* Your baby will develop good communication skills and outgoing, friendly behavior.
* It will make him secure and self-confident.
* It will not 'spoil' your baby or teach him 'bad habits'; you cannot spoil a baby this way, only love him.

No comments: